1.04.2010

Challenge for KLSNS11 - It's a New Year!



And this is pretty much what I looked like the day after ..... rofl! Just kidding .... I never had curlers in my hair unless they were hot rollers back in high school - 'membah big puffy hair!?!


I made this for the kick-off challenge at KL Stampin .... check it out here! I had so much fun making this card and using the sketch. I actually bought this CC Design stamp - she's Kiki La Rue - months ago and it had yet to see ink although I loved it the second I saw it .... isn't that funny how we are that way!


Here is the sketch:




It's hard to see from my sad little camera and it's washed out colors that this is super colorful. I propped up her little rollers on 3d dots because all rollers should be puffy and springy, lol! I also fluffled up the flowers to give the card more dimension. I added the flowers behind the image for the sketch requirement and fastened them with a button. I have to say, I am liking the way this turned out and it will makes it's way to the home of a friend this week ..... I hope she likes it, too :)

Hugs!



Deets: Cardstock: Mambo Melon & Crushed Curry from SU, White Cardstock from MFT - Whipped Cream, Stamp - KiKi La Rue, CC Designs; paper from American Crafts collection; Momento Ink, colored with prismacolor markers; flower punches, dew drops, Tombo, Cutterpede, cutterbug nesties, BG Button, Prima flowers, 3d dots

12 comments:

  1. How cute...gotta love those curlers!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a great card, love the colors and all the flowers. Popping those curlers up is just the perfect touch!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is just EVER SO CUTE!!! I love your colorsa nd her rollers are to die for!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very pretty card and the flowers are gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMGosh, she's darling!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a fun image! And your coloring looks fabby - perfectly coordinated with your floral PP! I'm drooling over the lattice pattern background paper. Too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anonymous1/05/2010

    roflmbo! She is adorable. I remember my mom putting our hair in rollers - argh! I love the color and the sketch. Absolutely awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  8. SO CUTE! I love how you've popped up her curlers and those flowers are my fave! ooooh, I so want to be at home chillin like Kiki right now! Thanks for inspiring me with such an adorable card, Kel!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Darling card!! Kiki La Rue is too cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I hated having curlers in my hair when I was little...good thing straight is in!! Very cute card, I love the flowers behind..never thought of that!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh my.......I think I actually used to have some curlers that looked like that!!!! Such a cute card!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Awww very cute, and how funny about the curlers!!!! LOL

    Hugs,
    Cheryl

    ReplyDelete