1.02.2010

It's Kit-Cat time! And it's *SNOW* MUCH FUN!!


This is always the most exciting time for me to post! It's time for the December Kit-Cat post, this month hosted by the lovely Jeanette. I loved it *snow much* because this wonderfully talented gal sent us SNOW! That's right -- a wee little snow from her ingenious crafting of a styrofoam ball! How much fun is that!! And it will snow all weekend on my blog! :)

{ She knows in my heart of heart that all I wanted for Christmas was some snow!! *wink!* We most certainly wont' find any of that down South, LOL!}

I couldn't wait to play in The Pink Elephant challenge this week so I used that as the story-board for coming up with my creation this month ..... using their sketch, the 2 dsp squares that Jeanette sent along with some snowflake ribbon, sheer ribbon, some gorgeous tdf clear buttons and darling snowflakes - and did I mention SNOW!! It matched perfectly to the image of the snowman she sent from Plum Purty ... a company I have been drooling over for awhile now but haven't had the chance to shop so thank you for this most unexpected and exciting gift of an image! :)


Paired with some Enchanted Evening from PTI (finally got to open that pack!), I propped up this snowman in his nestie frame, decorated the frame to match the color palette, and really love the soft feel to this. I added the snow to the snowman and hat - and as my partner in snow (hee hee!) already knows, just a tip - add the snow to the image AFTER you need to run it through the cuttlebug, ROFL!! I don't know where my mind was but ...... that one goes into my "things you do not do with your cuttlebug" journal as post #2 ..... Post #1 being "do not drop a cuttlebug on your foot!" Ouchie ..... oh the flashbacks ...... lol

Thank you, m'friend, for a most fun and ingenious Kit you sent out this month! This was truly snow fun to work with!

Now check out the other *Kittens* and see what they've come up with for you to enjoy!







Snowy hugs! Or Sand hugs in my case! ;)

12 comments:

  1. oh how cute is that snowman? Just wow! Thanks for joining us at the Pink Elephant. Happy New Year to you and your family and I hope you will have chance to play again in our next challenge which starts tomorrow.

    Ann xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the colors of this card. And the snow man, well what can I say, it's snowing big flakes and very windy today, so I will enjoy your snowman and still stay warm inside!
    Great job.
    Blessings,
    Elaine

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous1/03/2010

    This is just adorable. A LONG card. I never would have thought of that but it works perfectly! Thanks for sharing and for being such a wonderful friend! I learn so much from all of you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Adorable card! That snowman is a cutie! If I could I would pack up some of our snow and send it to you, ick, trust me you get sick of it after awhile! LOL, oh well your card is still just the cutest!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Woo Hoo! Kelly, your card is just PURRfect! I really like the length of the card and how you used your limited designer papers for the background. Love the way you used the "snow" too... you are amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Kelly!
    Well, this is great! I love long cards, and you made this image work great with that sketch! Your #2 is my #1!! I can't believe we both did that!! Great minds, right? Even when it's a mistake!!!! I love your card, and your ability to make me laugh and enjoy this craft so very much! I love you sweetie!

    Lorie

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very pretty card Kelly!! I love the decorative paper with the darling snowman!! Great job with this weeks challenge!! Thanks for playing along with us at TPE!!

    Sheri

    ReplyDelete
  8. Anonymous1/03/2010

    Oh Kelly, you are to funny...I will take your advise though and try not to drop the cuttlebug on my toe...I love what you did with your kit, I love the punch along the blue border under the sheer ribbon...very nice. I love the way you colored him and your snow...You are one lucky girl though.....snow and NO COLD to accompany it...heehee...

    ReplyDelete
  9. Totally adorable, Kelly! Love how you matted it on the navy CS, and the border punch looks awesome! Great ribbon/button stack, too! Cute, cute, cute!

    ReplyDelete
  10. The snowman is awesome and I really like the big bow!! It is super cute and will make someones day!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful beautiful! And perfect use of that sketch! I really love how you've used that punch. I have it at home and can never come up with good ways to use it. You're brilliant!
    I always love your kitcat cards. So many adorable ideas for using the same materials! HUGS and happy 2010 to you and the FAM! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  12. hi kelly lovin the teal and black!
    thanks so much for playing along at CCC
    we had a lot of fun with the digis..looking forward to the new releases :)

    ReplyDelete