5.14.2012

Riley, you're a star!



Hi friends!  I have three posts for you to view today!  First up, I have a card I made for my daughter's friend :)  They became fast friends in a chorus class in Middle School and luckily ended up at the same High School.  He shared with her last week that he is moving their Senior year and she wanted something to remind him that he'll always be a shining star!



For my card design, I followed the new bi-weekly challenge that Riley and Company has this week - 3 stars, 2 buttons, 1 ribbon.  This week, I used Hollywood Star Riley and paired it with some festive papers from Basic Grey.  I made the 3 stars using a star punch, added light yellow buttons and some twine for the ribbon and tada! This card really bounces off the paper as it's all lifted up on 3D dots.   I usually decorate the inside of the card as well but I'm sure a teenage boy won't mind too much, lol!


Be sure to upload your cards to the Riley and Company blog, too!  We'd love to see what you create!  If you use a gallery like SCS, please use the keyword1012.


Thanks for stopping by and I hope you can stop by for the next two posts! :)


Big hugs,
Bigger Blessings!

~Kelly


Card entered into:
SJCrafts - Favorites! (riley, of course!)
Crafts and me - punches and dies
Amuse Challenge blog - Color my world
Whimsy stamps - make it pop!  (dimension)
Stamping for the weekend - anything goes

11 comments:

  1. This is just as cute as can be! I'm sure he will treasure it! It's always hard to move... especially your senior year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. so cute! now if dd's friend's name was Riley, it would be extra perfect. hee hee! sorry her friend is moving away, but what a sweet card to give him.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super cute. Just perfect for the occasion.

    I love those punched stars. They look great with the star on the main image.

    Good to see a Kelly card!

    ReplyDelete
  4. awww, your card is sooo cute my friend...FABBY!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a fun card, Kelly!! I love all the sensational papers which really make Riley's star shine!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It just doesn't get much better than this! Adorable with a capital A!!!
    Precious card, Kelly, with all those stars and of course, the star of it all, Riley!
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  7. LOVE, LOVE, LOVE this...in true Kelly fashion...colorful...classy and fun...all rolled into one...great job my sweet friend...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great paper-unusually bright for Basic Grey! Look at all the layers-even the stars!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Kelly...this is adorable! Great coloring...and I love that yummy designer paper! Thanks for joining us at the A Muse Studio Challenge blog. I do want to mention that the link in your blog to our challenge goes to your blog...and the link you entered on Mr. Linky over at our challenge goes your entry for the last challenge...die cutting. Just wanted to give you a heads up...and maybe you can correct those :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh how sad for your daughter and her friend... Your card is sure to bring a smile though! Love those gorgeous papers, especially the stars, and Riley looks like he's ready for a big hug.

    ReplyDelete