3.01.2016

We're MAD for PLAID!


Top 'o the morning to ya!
...
and Happy March!

It's time for another challenge at The Ink Spot
and this week's challenge theme was chosen by me.
I love the look of plaid but it doesn't get on my cards very often,
nor do I get to wear a kilt - tee hee!
 I thought that would be a fun theme,
especially since St. Patrick's Day is right around the corner.

And, I have Irish/Scottish roots!
I do, I do!
My dad and uncle worked for an entire year on our genealogy
and traced our family's ancestry all the way back to Scotland ♥
In fact, we are direct decendants of Sir William Wallace,
the Scottish knight that fought during the Wars of Scottish Independence until his defeat at the defeat at the Battle of Falkirk in July 1298.
Of course, it doesn't hurt to throw in there ..
"you know, Mel Gibson?  From Braveheart!"

I know ........ just the actor's portrayal of Sir Wallace - hee hee!
Just bein' silly, of course!
  

Speaking of silly, I LOVE this silly little leprechaun!
I call him Jiggles since he's jumping up and doing a little jig :)
He's available at Cornish Heritage Farms
in the digital stamp section and did you know the downloads are instant.
No waiting, instant printing, coloring, paper crafting!
The Happy St. Patrick's Day sentiment is also from CHF.

My card is might look slightly familiar,
because I modeled after one of my other cards that I loved ♥
Please be sure to stop in and see what the rest of the DT created using
MAD for PLAID!
You can find their inspirations on their blogs listed at the right
Thanks for stopping by!
Big hugs, Bigger blessings!
~Kelly

21 comments:

  1. Oh Kelly - I just love this and not because I'm Scottish, but I do adore that tartan paper! Jiggles is super cute and you've really captured his fun spirit! Happy St. Patrick's Day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super cute and such fun! Love the plaid too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love plaid!!! It's one of my favorite patterns!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kelly, this is such a cheerful and fun card! Love the plaid... great theme!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this guy! He makes me want to kick up my heels, too! (As if that was possible) That plaid is so bright and cheerful...what a great accompaniment!

    ReplyDelete
  6. My husband descended from the Scotts! I love the awesome colors and plaid you have used with this whimsical leprechaun! Super cute card, Kelly!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, I love this, Kelly!! The plaid looks so amazing!! The leaping leprechaun is so adorable!! He makes me smile!! The layering is fabulous!! I'm Scots/Irish, too!! Maybe we're related somewhere down the line ;) Have a great day my friend!! Big hugs :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  8. So darling- I love me a leprechaun ! The plaid is a great addition, and loving your layout!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous card, love the plaid too, must be a scottish thing ;)

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a fun card Kelly - love your techni-colour plaid!!
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is soooo happy, I can practically hear the Irish accent with all that jolly good green plaid! Such a super fun card!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Super cute! I always case my on cards.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Yes, I do love plaid as well!! This is such a fun card with your colorful design and happy image Kelly!! Your creations always make me smile! :) HUGS

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Kelly what a super card love that fun image also the lovely papers I love a bit of plaid.
    hugs
    lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
  15. TOOOOO much fun!!! Love the plaid of course, but that little guy is making me smile all over. Love your cute, cute card.
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  16. OMG...Love that Plaid!! Great way to use it! Awesome card. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  17. OMG...Love that Plaid!! Great way to use it! Awesome card. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I've just found your wonderful blog,I love your style Debbs xx

    ReplyDelete
  19. This is so cute Kelly! I would be so afraid of that super bold patterned paper but you pulled it off so well!!!

    lovies, =o) kel

    ReplyDelete
  20. LOVE these colors together, Kelly ! FUN Card.

    Imke~ My Crafty Place

    ReplyDelete