5.21.2010

Fabulous Friday at SCH - Mama's Apron Strings :)



Hi sweet friends!  Happy Friday!  (yup! It's Thursday night, but I have to post early due to many little reasons (pc, blogger, camera, sick puppy, sick dh, etc!)  One of the littlest reasons of all is my son has his preschool end-of-the-year performance and I'll be the first one there to see! I can't wait, and he's sooo excited :)   He has been singing praise songs all week ~ "I will not be afraid, God's always with me and I will not be swamped with fear" ~ can I get an AMEN!! :)


My card for you today is from Sugar Creek Hollow called Mama's Apron Strings.  This week's SCH Challenge was to make a card using our favorite image.   This is definetly tops in my book!  I love, love, love to cook and find my happiest moments with my family center around the kitchen.  And yes, I wear aprons, lol .... saves wear and tear on the clothes and saves on the laundry, ha ha!

                                                                     {Close up}



{Inside of card}
I used the sketch from MojoMonday 139  for the layout inspiration.  Paired it with some delish paper from October Afternoon (Thrift Shop and Fly a Kite) ~ this has to be the yummiest paper I have ever laid my eyes on!  The images is a digi image from SCH, along with a matching sentiment.  I made the flower with left-over papers and my scallop punch :) 
Would you like to see what the rest of the SCH girls have made for you today?
Take a look!  You won't be disappointed!
* May Guest Designer: Bernadette *
Blessings!
Kelly
Card deets:  Kraft, Crushed Curry, Cool Carribbean from SU
DSP - October Afternoon (thrift store, fly a kite)
Image:  Sugar Creek Hollow "Mama's Apron strings"
Ribbon from SU!, ric rac from Fancy Pants, flower from paper & scallop punch, SU button, twine, cuttlebug, nesties, MS punch, Tombo, Aileen's Tac-it-all


18 comments:

  1. Whoo Hoo...me 1st! Love this little card. The paper is perfect and the sentiment ties it together so well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow this is gorgeous :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can we all say "woohoo", I hope you enjoyed your son's performance!! What a blessing!!
    Kelly dear, this card is just flat awesome, I just love everything about it!!!
    Blessing! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am really loving this card, Kelly! The paper is fabulous and so perfect for the image. I love the combination of several patterns too! This image is definitely high on my list of favorites also!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow - this looks really cool!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awesome and totally fabulous...I'm pulling out all my favorite adjectives for this one!! I love the dp!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow!!! This is totally adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely card, and good luck to your little guy with his performance!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your apron card is darling!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a wonderful card! Just darling!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Just a wonderful card. I love the designer papers you used. So pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Kelly, i like the many layer fo paper and the border punch. Wonderful Card !

    ReplyDelete
  13. Girl, this is an amazing card!! I love how you worked all the patterns together! Great work!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love your blog and designs ! Love the apron:) Thanks for visiting mt blog and that's so nice of you to link by blog to yours. I don't have a button yet, but hopefully soon :) I am a new follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. this is delightful - it totally made me squeal when i saw it! did you hear me?!! LOL!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. How pretty dear kelly, I love that paper, fabby colors... HUGS and happy sunday!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Kelly, this card is absolutely striking! The colors are so warm and the patterns are pure perfection! I absolutely LOVE this! {hug}

    ReplyDelete
  18. LOL!! I'm laughing, because I wear aprons, too! I love my aprons!! This card is so pretty, and has such a homey, vintage feel. I love the paper piecing! What a great card!!

    ReplyDelete