5.20.2010

Have a Ghoulish Birthday with the BBB - Burtonesque style!

Hello and welcome to an exciting day
at The Busy Beauties Boutique!


Not only do we have some marvelously macabre new images to share with you today on the Blog Hop, but we also have some fun and funky friends joining us:

 
The Burtonesque Dolls!


Our new images are inspired by the Tim Burton classic, "THE CORPSE BRIDE", and BBB illustrator Thomas Goins has really outdone himself with these amazing images! We thought they would be right up the Dolls' alley, so we invited them along for the hop *and* are super excited to announce that Busy Beauties will be sponsoring their challenge next week!



I'm Kelly, the beginning of the hop, but if you get lost along the way, click the links below and it will get you back on track!  And you'll definitely love the hop ~ we have prizes so fab, it's freaky! Be sure to hop along and leave lots of comment-love, because there are TWO Secret Beauties or Dolls along this Burtonesque inspired hop… and TWO winners will be selected from their blog comments to receive 5 (yep, FIVE) Busy Beauties images of his/her choice! So whether you are in the mood to be beauty-ful or get funky, we've got you covered.

My card for you actually is the image released during the last hop, but I am bringing it back - ghoulishly fun and eerily yummy!  My mom is a former wedding designer/planner and you know!!  This cake ISN'T that far off, lol ..... she had many requests for Black and White cakes .  In fact, it was quite the trend for awhile!  I would see her baking, then icing the cakes and couldn't figure out for the life of me why anyone would chose B & W (a color combo I admittedly struggle with BIG TIME (instant migraine for me!!)) but when they were done ..... OH.  MY.  WORD.  Simply STUNNING! 






So on with the hop!  You are here, so next you should head over and see the amazing Suzi's blog and see what she has for you to see! 
Kelly {you are here!} 
 Suzi 
Michelle 
 Rachel 
 Debbie 
 Barbara 
 Betty 
Annita 
 Lorie 
 Jackie 
Grace 
Nicole 
 Carolyn 
 Margie  
Catherine 
Kadie 
BBCS Blog

At the end of the hop, which is also your NEXT STOP, the new Busy Beauties Creation Station CHALLENGE is waiting for you. It's a sketch challenge provided by PaperAddict Catherine, who is a member of both the Busy Beauties and The Burtonesque Dolls DTs. We hope you'll play along! You have until 11:59 EDT on June 2nd to link your creation at the Creation Station.


In the meantime, we hope you'll have fun hopping and find lots of other-worldly inspiration! Enjoy the show!

~Kelly

Card entered for consideration in:  Papertake weekly - flowers!

48 comments:

  1. Anonymous5/20/2010

    Oh Kelly, That Cake works so well in black and white, love it. Love those flowers too, gorgeous work:)

    So glad to be hopping along with you all today:)
    Suzi
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous5/20/2010

    Just love it in black and white, Kelly! And with those flowers, it's a big time winner!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yummy yummy! the black and white is STUNNING! I'm off to hop! xxD

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous5/20/2010

    mmm - cake :) I just love the card and especially love having you back playing along with us! Absolutely wonderful Kelly...

    mucho love and huggles to you!
    Miche

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Kelly! How are you? I just love your b&w cake - it works very well. Not something I've tried yet, but you make it look so easy.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great card.. love that it is all in black and white. Great coloring,

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow,this is gorgeous!!!
    Heidy

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the card. awesome use of black and white, TFS Patti Jacobs mawdog1@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. what a fun twist on this cake! :) so excited to hop!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Anonymous5/20/2010

    Awesome card!! What a fun image too!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love what you did with this cake Kelly!! Awesome job.
    Big Hugs to you,
    Rachel :0)

    ReplyDelete
  12. So cool in black and white ;)
    I love the shapes and the image is so funny! :)
    Hugs, Randi

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great card, I love B&W.

    ReplyDelete
  14. How fun is this...I love B&W too. Great!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love the momochrome color scheme.
    Lovely card.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Another hop!! YAY! Can't wait to check out all the images...I love this cake on your card! Very creepily cool! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh such an awesome image! I can't wait to hop along and see all the cool new images! Fingers crossed to win some! Thanks for the fun! I just love this card, it's perfect in black and white!
    Dee (Spryte)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Kelly, this is so amazing! I love all the black and white patterns, and your shades of grays, black and white on the cake are just beautiful! This is such an intimidating color palette for me, and you've inspired me to not be so scared of it! It's so elegant and beautiful!! Thanks so much!! You're completely amazing!!

    Love ya,
    Lorie

    ReplyDelete
  19. Awesome. I love the way you colored this!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Kelly, I love this image and that you did it in black and white. I especially love that you are back with us and life is good for you once again!

    Love 'n' hugs!
    Barb

    ReplyDelete
  21. Black and white cake? Stunning is right as is your card!!

    ReplyDelete
  22. I LOVE this black and white creation!!! Perfect cake for a corpse bride!!! Bravo!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Ooh your card is amazing. Total perfection in black and white. hugs jackie

    ReplyDelete
  24. Oh, Kelly! What a fun way to use this cake image! I really love the monochromatic color choice and your layout with the unique way you've shaped the image panel is TOTALLY FAB! This is awesome!!

    ReplyDelete
  25. This is absolutely beautiful! Fantastic job!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Oh Kelly........ this card is FABULOUS!!! I love it! (hmmmmmm... didn't I read somewhere that you didn't think you were very good at black/white cards. WRONG! This is great!!!)

    Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Ok,so this is what a "Not good at Black & White looks like?" Some how I thought that how my Black cards turn out is how a "Not good" looks. Notice I didn't say white in my discription of mine. Kelly glad to see you back up and running again. This is absolutely intinidatingly FANTASTIC!!!!!! Thank You for taking time to participate in the HOP.

    ReplyDelete
  28. Just noticed I was hitting the n & not the m for imtimidating. Thanks again for taking time to make this great card for us.

    ReplyDelete
  29. That cake is just perfect for this hop - awesome job!
    xXx

    ReplyDelete
  30. Your card is SCRUMPTIOUS!!! I love the black and white color palette, and it goes with the new images perfectly!!! I also love the gorgeous papers and elements!! It is SO WONDERFUL having you back and playing with us again:o)

    Much love!
    Carolyn

    ReplyDelete
  31. Wonderful card....not an easy combo for me either...lol, but you pulled it off boo-tifully

    ReplyDelete
  32. I'm a little late tonight, but wanted to let you know this is one of my favorite images from Busy Beauties. Great job on the card! Stunning! Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  33. The paper, flowers and faux pearls make the card look elegant but the image gives it a nice twist. It makes it look elegant and a little ghoul glam. Its a great wedding card for the modern ghoulish bride.
    Simply Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  34. What a fun cake! great job showing it off!

    ReplyDelete
  35. What a great card Kelly. I love the black and white and those flowers...they are awesome! Enjoy your day and have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  36. this is gorgeous, love the image xxx

    ReplyDelete
  37. Kelly,

    This is really beautiful. I love the black & white and the flowers.

    ReplyDelete
  38. I love your card these are great! Hugs Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  39. I do love the black and white too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  40. Look at you, rocking the monochromatic! It is intimidating, but so much fun. Love the papers & your embellies are TDF! Totally dig the wonky cut matte for the image - total Burtonesque. :D

    ReplyDelete
  41. Amazing card....love the black and white.

    ReplyDelete
  42. WOW! Your card rocks! I love the black and white! The flowers are perfect and the background is wonderful...Love it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  43. Wonderful wonderful card, I think I'm going to have a lot of fun on this hop :D

    ReplyDelete
  44. Gorgeous! I love the black and white, would never have had it for my wedding cake back then, but maybe now.... it looks fab! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  45. Your card is lovely! Thank you for playing along with the Papertake Weekly challenge. In the future please include a direct link to your post in Mr Linky instead of a general link to your blog so that we can find the correct post.

    ReplyDelete