5.16.2010

A-hoy!! Hoist yer sails ~ It's KitCat Sunday!!

Heehee!  Happy Sunday to you ~ it's a happy one to bring you the KitCat from our sweetie pie hostess this month, Michelle!  She sent us this super fun, fab-tastic kit to play with!  Shiver me timbers, it was full of fun-ness!



From the Kit, she sent us some gorgeous dsp from the Basic Grey Ambrosia line ~ one of my very faves!  I chose the the three orange/yellow combo papers to give this a sunset look - originally my card was going in a different direction, then my dh ended up in ICU and well, I forgot where I was going!  I came home to a half card and it's a good thing, since I had a brainstorm a few days ago to use the map!  It was printed on white cardstock but I wanted more of a Sepia look, so using the tutorial from the uber-talented, most amazing Tracy, I dipped it into a vat of fresh brewed tea! :)  Don't you love it!! I am most pleased with the color!  And while it was still wet, I tore/rolled/smudged the paper to give it that "old world" feel ;) 

Michelle also sent us our choice of pirate from High Hopes - Oberto or Peg Leg Pete ... I chose On Guard Oberto since he reminded me of my son (who LOVES him so pirates, arggggggggh!)  And the lil parrot was an add-on that I colored in apple green (per my son's request) and propped him up on OBerto shoulders.  I added the twine to give it more of a "boy-ish" look and used the darling buttons Michelle sent along with the kit, adding some matching twine to those, too :)  And all scurly pirates be lookin' for treasure .... arrrrrrrrrrrrrgh .... I added some sweet bling she sent along ~ so drop yer sails and sit for awhile to see what the other wenches (I mean, kittens!) created for you today!  :P 




                          Michelle * JeanetteLorie Susan * Catherine *

                                        And did you know why pirates are so mean?
                                           They just arrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr! 
                                                            {Tee hee!  couldn't resist!!}


*~* Thanks for stopping by today!  Hugs + Blessings to all! *~*
~Kelly

Card deets:  Bazzill brown, Real Rust from SU!, DSP from Basic Grey - Ambrosia,
Fiskars punch, Images from High Hopes stamps (On Guard Oberto and parrot and map),
tea dying (map), Fiskars twine, Buttons from BG, bling, Cuttlebug, nesties, Tombo

11 comments:

  1. Oh Kelly......... your card is AMAZING! I love the way you altered the map and used it perfectly on your card. And the layout... AWESOME! I think you have created the most spectacular Pirate card. (I'm thinking your DS must love Love LOVE it). I know I do!

    I liked the final touch of your post (the pirate joke), too... so funny!

    Argh!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cute card :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bahahhaah! I DIDN'T know why pirates are so mean! That's cute, Kels... very cute!! Now on to some more cuteness... Let's talk about your amazing card. OMG! I love the way you used that map, and tea dyeing? That's just genius!! I've done fabric, but would have never thought to do paper! Your card is so bright and fun, and just adorable! Beautiful job, my sweet friend! I LOVE it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fun card Kelly! Your color and the paper you used is perfect! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Kelly this is soooo cute !! Great DP and Layout. Your idea with the tea-just great. Never thought about ??!! Beautiful work. Have a great day.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous5/17/2010

    ROFLMBO! because they just arrrrrrr...

    tee hee! Gotta love the joke :) Love the card too. Absolutely wonderful. I love the way you dyed the map. Totally clever and your bright green parrot is just to die for. I love that you and Lil' T did it together. Love Love Love it all!

    Hugs
    Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  7. KELLY, go see my blog, you won a freebie in Deedee's blog hop!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love it! Adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  9. So cute! Thanks so much for playing along with us this week at La La Land Crafts!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Avast! Ye caaaaaard is fantastic! Your layout is great - it really shows off the gorgeous papers. I love that you and Little T worked on this together - He's got a great "aye" for color! I have to laugh because I ended up using the map and knotted twine, too! And drop me sails?!? Oh it would take a lot of grog for that to happen, me beauty! Ah-ha-ha-ha! {purrs} {hugs}

    ReplyDelete