5.24.2010

My son's Joshua Award :))))




Hi!  I hope you all had a marvelous weekend!  Mine was spent mostly making an entire year's worth of pictures scrapbook that my son's teacher handed me at on Wednesday afternoon - eek!  I hope she likes the results as it's off to the printer this afternoon, not much room for change :)

Speaking of my son, this is his last week of Pre-K 4. Next year he moves up to "big boy school - Kindergarten!"  He is going to miss his class, his friends, the blessed teachers and staff that have touched our lives in so many ways.   This morning was their end of the year awards ceremony and you could just hear the excitement and joy buzzing around the big chapel.   I am sooooo incredibly surpried, and humbled, that out of all the students (from 2 y/o's to Kindergarten) they chose a student each year to receive the *Joshua Award* ~ and they called his name!  It was so unexpected, I didn't even have my camera!  My friend, thankfully, took this on her i-phone and everyone gave him a standing ovation and big cheers.  I'm soooo proud of my little guy!

It's a little blurry, but the scripture reads: "Have I not commanded you, be strong and courageous. Do not be terrified; do not be discouraged, for the Lord your God will be with you wherever you go."  Joshua 1:7-8

I'll be back tomorrow with a card or two for you to see - lettin' my fingers cool down from my 26 hour scrap-a-thon! *grin!*

Blessings!
~Kel

9 comments:

  1. Congrats to your son! How proud you must be. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Woo Hoo!!! Congratulations to your little man, Kelly!!! What an honor........ I know you are proud, as you should be! Give the recipient of this awesome Joshua award my congratulations - and a big ol' hug, too, if he will let you. ♥ ya!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh...that is such an awesome award!!! Congrats to you and to your Antonio!!! I have goosebumps :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a sweet award. I love the verse on it. So true and so encouraging even at such a young age. God is always with us, every step, every change. Congratulations Little Antonio. Have a blessed week.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'll bet you are just as proud as you can be! The congratulation goes to your son but we all know he couldn't have done it without the nurturing given to him as only a mother can give with the help and strenght of God.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations to your little man! Enjoy this time. They grow up so quickly. Mine is graduating high school in a few weeks.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Kelly, you must live very close to me. Christ Fellowship is literly about 3-4 miles from where I live. I'm in Palmetto Bay. Where ARE YOU??

    ReplyDelete
  8. oh how special!!! that's a beautiful verse and a beautiful blessing for your son!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is so sweet, and CONGRATULATIONS to little Tony! What a special award for a very special little guy!

    ReplyDelete