1.12.2012

I did it, I did it! :)

Woohoo!  I did it, I surely did!  And I'm sure you might be wondering, what exactly did she do?!  *Smile!*  Last year, my motto of using what I have worked so well that I decided to carry it over to this year with a bit of a twist - "Use what's on the shelf in two thousand and twelve!"  It kinda sorta rhymes, hee hee!  But most importantly, I took inventory of my vast SU stamp sets that I've collected over the years and realized that most had not seen ink at all.  And that was so sad to me!  So I made a decision to pull 6-8 stamp sets a month and see how far I get with that stack pulled at random.  I will also try to showcase each card and I'm going to try hard to stick to the plan ... and I took a picture! :)

But first, I thought I share with you the card I made using one of those 'forgotten sets' - the uber adorable Hedgehog Happiness.   I kept this card pretty simple so I could follow the SC367 sketch over on Splitcoast.  I also found a good use for the MME Lost and Found Union Square mat stack I had on hand - I have a hard time using this color scheme but new that I wanted to pull from the rich colors of the papers.  One of the things I do need to learn - hopefully this year! - is to fill in the white spaces.  I actually love it - I'm a clean and crisp kinda gal, but somehow it always looks like my images are just floating about, ROFL!  So, that's a technique I'll have to practice. 

Here's the card front!
 
Sneaky peaky side view!


And the inside view!


Hmmm, which one will be next?! :)

And that's about it!  Here's my monthly stack up ..... it's a true cache of wooden yumminess, dusted off and ready to play!



Thanks for stopping by today! 

Big hugs,

Bigger Blessings!
~Kelly

Found these challenges to submit my card :)
Simon Says Stamp - Spots and Stripes
Sweet Stampin - Spots and Dots
Alota Rubber Stamps:  A, B, C - (Birthday, Balloon!)
Card deets:  SU Bravo Burgundy; Creamy Caramel; Chocolate Chip, PTI White;
Image - Birthday Hedgehog; Colored with prismacolor markers;
MME Mat Stack Lost and Found, Union Square; 3d dots, Tombo, CB, Nestie
SU Border punch, SU Buttons, twine

28 comments:

  1. wowzers! This is fantastic. Your design and take on the sketch is fabulous. Thanks for inspiring me to do the same thing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kelly, what a sweetie !! Love your "new style" ;-) The colors are great and also the layout !!

    Love the flying hearts on your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL at the stack of stamps and 'floating' images!! I feel your pain!!
    This card is wonderful! I LOVE the paper and your image is colored perfectly to go with it! This is such a cute stamp set too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this color scheme! You did an awesome job as always and what a cute, cute image with that pop of red with the balloon. Great idea to shop in your own stash :) I will try and follow as well. Thanks for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Totally, too cute, Kelly!! And I don't see any 'floating around' so I say just keep doing what you do so well, which is make cards that make some of us wonder "Why don't mine look that good?"!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is a super great idea to use those luscious forgotten stamps! I may have to try it! Love your adorable little hedgie... super cute!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Kelly, that is just an awesome idea. I have lots of those that never saw the pad. I should do the same. Your card is adorable. Love that little creature. Very nice work!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great Card--I love the colors and the papers are so pretty.

    Good Luck in your challenge--I am sure you will do a great job and I look forward to see what you come up with!

    ReplyDelete
  9. how cute!!! and you know what, I have that set somewhere burried deep in my stamp closet, I'll have to dig and dust and c what I can come up with, Thanks for the encouragement, I need to use what I have too!@!

    ReplyDelete
  10. GREAT IDEA about using some of those stamp sets - and an adorable card! LOVE that image and your DP you used. Just so very cute.
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Kels! Well, you're an inspiration and in more ways than one!! One of my goals for 2012 is to use more of what's on my shelves. I think your plan is great! Another goal is to visit my dear sistahs blogs more often and leave them some love and also to upload and post more often to my blog. Sorry to say I haven't been doing very well with that but, hey!, it's still early in the year...Right? Hopefully, we can continue to support and encourage one another! Hugs, dear friend, praying daily for the good Lord to bless you abundantly!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh, I love it! I have this set too!!! I actually have used it many times over the years.

    I really like the color scheme that you used. The layout works perfectly.

    Great job on using what you have. I have been doing this for a bit and it can be hard at times, but makes you create 'a little harder' and is more challenging. You can do it!

    ReplyDelete
  13. So cute!! Love the neutrals with a pop of color.

    ReplyDelete
  14. this is so cute! I love the polka dot paper! :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love that little guy! Love your coloring too. You did a great job with this color combo and your shading. Keep on inspiring all of us to use what we have!! Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Too cute Kelly! I never had that set but did receive some images from it....I love how you used it & that sketch is awesome! I'll have to make something with it now....TFS!!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. love this little guy, what a great ideal of getting stamps out and see what you can do going to do this , this weekend can't wait.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Anonymous1/13/2012

    ive checked this cool site a few times now and i have to say that i find it quite exeptional actually. itll be nice to read more in the future! :p

    ReplyDelete
  19. This is so cute! :) Lovely image and fabulous card!

    Thanks so much for joining us at Sweet Stampin this week,

    hugs

    xxalisonxx

    ReplyDelete
  20. I love those papers! Well done on using up your stash; I love your idea of using your existing stamps in 2012. Thank you for playing at Sweet Stampin' this week. Tracey x

    ReplyDelete
  21. yay, well done for you on your goals .. I'm also trying to use my stash before buying anything else he he... anyway I came here to have a look at your cute and lovely card, love the image, yes this hedgehog is uber adorable, love it. Thank you for joining us at Sweet Stampin this week. Good luck xx

    ReplyDelete
  22. What a great goal and I'm celebrating along with you! This card is adorable! I love the clean lines and the way you've used the dsp. I also love the simplicity of the 2 buttons. And of course, I always love how you complete the inside too! HUGS

    ReplyDelete
  23. Hi there, what a great card. Wonderful papers and lovely clean lines to the layout, such a sweet image as well.

    Thanks for joining in with us this week at Sweet Stampin. Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  24. So gorgeous! Love the layout, fab papers and super cute image too :o)

    Thanks for joining in at Sweet Stampin', and also for keeping me company on my little WnW challenge too hun! Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  25. wOw! that is a lot of stamps! And a great idea! I have the same problem with embellishments, I have tons but want to save them! What am I saving them for??
    Carri~abusybee
    www.doubleclickconnections.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  26. Beautiful card!! I love the papers that you chose to go on it. Great new year resolution. I have a feeling that you will reach your goal!!
    Thank you for joining us on the Simon Says Stamp Challenge blog.
    xoxo, Christine

    ReplyDelete
  27. Hi Kelly ~

    I might HAVE to borrow this idea. what a great way to try to get some older stamps inky! Goodness I do have some of those!

    TFS!

    LJ

    ReplyDelete
  28. I have that stamp-somewhere... Love the touches of red!

    ReplyDelete