3.01.2012

Crafters of Faith - Nature!


Hi there!  Just a quick post -- PTA meeting and then a fellowship planning meeting after that and back to back appts with the kids this afternoon and add on some Tae Kwan Do for little man in the evening - whew! But I am so excited to post our 2nd challenge for the Crafters of Faith, the February challenge.  We are a faith based, crafting chatting group formed on SCS and this month, our hostess is the sweet and lovely Jackie!  Here are her requirements for the challenge:

I want you to use NON TRADITIONAL colors to create your project
Your creation must be made with NATURE as the main theme....flowers, trees, mountains, water---you get the idea and
Finally, I want to see at least 1 circle shape on your creation.

Since this was the February posting, I decided to use aqua blue for a February card instead of red!  I also used hues of pinks, peach and green to compliment the paper that I paired up with yet another SU! stamp set from my "T.I.O.T.S in 2012" stack of stamps :)  I love this Serene Spring SU! set and believe this is the first time I've inked up this little birdie and flower pot.  My circles are in the DSP and the buttons.  I carried the design over to my card inside, as I always strive to do and did add a little note of prayer with a Verve sentiment I had on hand.  I love how this card turned out - it just brings so much of the Spring to mind.  This one is heading off to a special friend but she'll get to peek at it here today at least *smile!*


Serene Spring!

Sideview

Card inside:  Sentiment from Verve set 



Thanks for stopping by! Be sure to stop in and see what the other Crafting sisters in Faith have made!  They are right over there -------------------> 
in my sidebar! I am so sorry for the bad lighting - the indoor lighting in my craft area is just terrible and I will try again in natural light as soon as I make it home in the early morning :)  Thank you, Jackie, for a wonderful challenge this month (yes, it's officially March, but we were waiting for our wonderful hostess!)  


Big hugs,

Bigger Blessings!

~Kelly


34 comments:

  1. Love that image Kelly, and your colouring is perfect. The colour combo is great , as well as the details. Love it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card- Oh the image looks so springy and the colors are wonderful! Fun to see you in the Stamp Addicts group!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous3/01/2012

    What a treat for the eyes this is, Kelly! Such wonderful colors, and you captured so many of the precious elements of Spring. Especially love that image you used -- you can almost hear the sweet conversation between the bird and the butterfly. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are finding the BEST stuff in your stash! Keep on looking through, we are loving it!!!! Great card. Love the image and the sentiment.

    ReplyDelete
  5. YOur card is delicately beautiful Kelly. I love all the little details you have.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful card - just love the happy colors. Looks grea ton the inside as well1

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wonderful card and beautifully colored image. Love the pretty DP you used!

    ReplyDelete
  8. oh how pretty :) I love the image and the pretty paper,Like how you carriered it through to the inside.The button flower is the cutest!
    Hugs
    Liz

    ReplyDelete
  9. over the top!!!! I love that image, have it and need to drag it out now, you did a fantastic job with the coloring!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I so love this fresh color combo!! and 2what a sweet image. I have long admired it!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous Kelly and perfect for spring! I love those pretty colors and what a sweet bird.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Kelly--your card is beautiful--love the colors!

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is just screaming Spring all over from that so sweet little image to the colors and papers you used. Sounds like a busy day for you, but I know you will get it all done in stride and maybe a Starbucks or two :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love the soft, pretty colours. This is lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  15. lovely as always, you do have a special knack in how to select the dp! Wonderfully fresh looking card....(I have same stamp...still UNinked...yikes!)

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is beautiful inside and out! Gorgeous colors and coloring.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I'm REALLY ready for Spring now!!! Kelly, this is just so very pretty with the non traditional colors. Love everything about it! Wonderful card.
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  18. Eeeeeek!! Totally in love with this spring card. Everything about it is perfect... The papers, that birdie, the buttons, ribbon.... This is going to my favorite file!! Love, love, love!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Wow Kelly! This is awesome girl! I love the colors, your layout & design are perfect as always & your coloring ROCKS!!!! The added flower embelli is gorgeous too....you did an excellent job with the challenge Hun & TFS your awesomeness!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Oh Kelly! This is so pretty! I love the colors you used, that image is gorgeous and your sentiment inside is so sweet! :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. I love this spring delight, Kelly! What a beautiful card!!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Wow! Such a lovely card, Kelly! I always love the way you combine colors and papers to create such beautiful cards and this one is no exception. Love the way you embellished with buttons, flower and ribbons! Gorgeous both inside and out...Just like you, dear friend!

    ReplyDelete
  23. eeeks! so pretty! love this stamp also...love these colors and your coloring (-:

    ReplyDelete
  24. Anonymous3/02/2012

    Oh this image is so pretty!! I love the colors and design of your creation hun!! Thanks for sharing!! HUGS

    ReplyDelete
  25. What sweet delightful colors! Such a wonderful peek at spring!

    ReplyDelete
  26. What a beauty. Love your coloring of this gorgeous image. The background papers, image and embellishments work perfectly together. Wonderful balance and design,

    ReplyDelete
  27. What a beauty. Love your coloring of this gorgeous image. The background papers, image and embellishments work perfectly together. Wonderful balance and design,

    ReplyDelete
  28. Yeahhh, Spring is already here !!! Beautiful card with great colors and DP. Your coloring is awesome, Kelly !

    ReplyDelete
  29. Kelly, What a lovely Spring card. Beautiful coloring and great design. You've inspired me to start adding something to the inside of my cards...thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  30. Hi There Stranger:
    Sorry that I haven't commented or been by in a while. Just so overwhelmed with all the places I want to be and all the cards I want to make that I don't get either one of them done, only my STAEDTLER Design Team work. So sorry for not being more supportive of your beautiful work. Hope that you are doing well and was thinking of you and your family. Wondering how your hubby is doing and the kids. Miss you since our design team days together. Your support always meant so much to me. Love all that your doing here and all the humpth that you have to do so much in your life. Such a driven person and so look up to you and the strength that you have to be such an amazing lady. Love your card today and to be honest I have never heard of this new challenge group that you are a part of. I am gonna go and check it out now. Love your card today and I have that same stamp. Love stampin up. Love the new look of your blog. So pretty, just like you. Take care sweetie and know that if I dont' always comment it isn't because I dont' think of you or pop in, just busy with life and trying to balance it all. Big Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  31. What a lovely spring card. Ok, I think I have this stamp in my stash... Love how you colored it!

    ReplyDelete
  32. This is colored so beautifully and I love the dp with it too! You did a fabulous job with the challenge and I love the inside sentiment!

    ReplyDelete
  33. This is one of my all time fave SU stamps. Beautiful, beautiful card, Kels!

    ReplyDelete