2.03.2012

You're so PUNNY, Riley! :)

Happy Friday!  Little man and I spent the entire school day with his class at the enchanting Deering Estate on a class field trip today.  The weather is absolutely gorgeous here ~ a blessing since this estate is right on the ocean - complete with old indian burial sites, wilderness expedition, plant + animal preservation, nature hikes, mansion to walk through and a beautiful view of Biscayne Bay (C.S.I. Miami, anyone?!)  Here is a most gorgeous picture I took of the water and the sun sparkling like diamonds! :)


I also wanted to share with you the PUNNY Riley challenge!  The bi-weekly challenge, hosted by DT member Laurie, is to make a funny card using a Riley and Company stamp with a pun!  Hence, a punny card!  For my card today, I'm using BBQ Riley and the sentiment from the circus stamp set release since they go together like ............. hot dogs and buns :)  Heeee heeee! *Smile!*
This could easily double as a Valentine's card, too!  See how fun and creative Riley can be - I'd love to see what you make! 







You can link up your punny cards here on the blog as well as be inspired by the DT creations.  You can also find them off to the right on my sidebar.

Also, did you hear that Riley and Company is retiring some of the Riley stamps?  Yep, the shop is bursting at the seams with Riley goodness, and that only means more Riley goodness is on it's way!  I know it's sad to see some of the stamps leaving the shop, so you might want to take a peek at this list and see if any must haves are on it - and then scoop them up while you can!  When they are gone, they are gone! All stamps will be available until they are sold out or before April 1st, 2012.  Head on over for your "Moose" haves!

Thanks for stopping by!

Big hugs,
Bigger Blessings!
~Kelly

30 comments:

  1. This is do fun! Great colors too! We are having wonderful weather too, it is wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. He's so cute, grillin' and chillin'! Nice bright colors too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This one would work for my swap too!

    This is too cute!! I love how you turn über-masculine Riley into such a cutie with these papers!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous photo! WOW!

    Love your cute and fun Valentine!. The DP with all the different colored hearts is so cute - and Riley, is just ALWAYS fun and cute.
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  5. how cute!
    lovin your colors...and that ocean picture and your music is so wonderful...stayed here for the whole song (-:

    ReplyDelete
  6. This card just bursts summer! As we had rippin' wind today! LOL

    Such a cute card. Love how the papers go so well together.

    Super job!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Kelly, you're making me jealous with this beautfiul ocean picture !!

    Beautiful and nice summer fun card !!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I could sit on that beach and just stare off forever, gorgeous picture. Sounds like fun with your little guy and lot's of memories. Your card is adorable and oh so perfect for Valentines with that pretty paper. Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This card almost makes me forget how icky it is her in MI today. Love the bright colors and it is very punny.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Awesome ocean picture! While your family went to the mountains for winter, our girls will be seeing the ocean for the first time this summer! Can't wait!
    Riley is quite the charmer on this card! Perfect punny sentiment too! Love the bright hearts and matching flowers!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Anonymous2/04/2012

    AWW!!! Riley is looking more sweet than ever sweetie!! :) I adore the bright colors on this!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great Card Gril!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Gorgeous picture of the ocean! Love Riley cooking up a well-balanced snack!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Kelly, I really had to laugh when I scrolled down to your card. This is stinking cute. I love the bright colours you used. A beautiful picture of the water, it is sparkling like crystals. I got to spend a night in Florida between getting off the cruise ship and flying home. It is certainly a lovely place.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Adorable Kelly! Love all the pretty colors and how you finish off the inside of your cards.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Kelly you have done a beautiful job coloring in Riley and creating such an adorable card with these lovely papers and colors. I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Pure punniness! Riley could be a stand up comedian! Super darling!

    ReplyDelete
  18. hee...hee... I sooooo want to have whatever it is that Riley is cooking up! LOVE your coloring and how it always match up perfectly with the DPs. This card is such a treat to the eye and I've been smiling the whole time!

    ooooh... a beach estate... that view is breath taking. TFS! Can I also tell you I'm loving your new blog look?! All those hearts fluttering... awww. xoxo!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. so, so cute Kelly! I love that sentiment! Beautiful picture too. Wow! :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Your water photo is gorgeous.
    The card is cute, nice and bright.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Kels, your Punny Riley card is great! Love the play on words, and YUM!!! - The tropical colors remind me of all the fruity, luscious drinks of summer to come! Makes me want to break out my smoothie maker! Your photo is gorgeous and has me hoping a trip to the beach will happen this summer! {hug}

    ReplyDelete
  22. What a gorgeous card Kelly! I love the bright & happy colors you used and your design is flawless as always! Your coloring is FAB too....very, very nice work my friend & TFS!!!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Another fun and fabulous Riley creation! This makes me REALLY ready for some outdoor cooking. Love it sooooo much, Kelly!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Riley always looks cute on your wonderful choice of bright and fun colors for him. Love the photo of the water too.

    ReplyDelete
  25. What a fun bright card. It won't be long before you are all out and about. Great shot of the ocean too!

    ReplyDelete
  26. What a fun day with Little Man! Special memories. And your Riley is cute as ever as the BBQ Chef! Love the DP and bright flowers too. "Hot stuff"!

    ReplyDelete
  27. What would I give for a day by the ocean!! Gorgeous picture, Kelly!

    Love that fun Valentine!! It would be perfect for my husband who is the griller in our family!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Exquisite photo Kelly! You capture the essence of the water. Adorable Riley card for Valentine's Day.

    ReplyDelete
  29. What gorgeous photo of the ocean. It reminds me why I moved to Florida! Such fun card! As always great colors and paper. Love the Riley image.

    ReplyDelete