9.24.2012

Sending Wedding Blessings :)


"When you love someone, all your saved-up wishes start coming out."
 — Elizabeth Barrett

Isn't that just beautiful!  Truly a wonderous time if that of weddings and finding true love :)  I'm blessed to have married my best friend many years ago and here we are today, 4 children and lots of bumps in the road later, but still blessed beyond measure! 

When a package of CottageCutz dies arrived in the mailbox, I was tickled pink to see this gorgeous horse and carriage die!  It's just over the top fairy-tale sweet!  For my card, I wanted to do something a little different to make it shimmer and sparkle.  I used heavy weight cardstock and ran it through my Cuttlebug.  Taking the pieces, I used Modge Podge evenly coating the surfaces and then sprinkled it with super fine Martha Stewart glitter.  So Romantic!  I added to to cream/gold/chocolate brown papers to give a little contrast to the white sparkle and tada - wedding splendor!  This makes a wonderful wedding or anniversary card for those storybook weddings :)

 

You can find this die and many others from the Wedding Collection at The Scrapping Cottage located here!  These dies are so incredible - a clear, crisp impression and so versatile!  I already have another idea swirling in mind for this one! :)

(Forgive the poor lighting in my pics!  I have to re-take this one for a better look at the sparkle & shimmer!)

Big hugs!
Bigger Blessings!

~Kelly

15 comments:

  1. Incredibly gorgeous! I love everything about it.

    Hugs,

    Terry

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, Kelly! This is beautiful. Gorgeous dies and papers... What a spectacular combination! Gotta check out CottageCutz!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So pretty. The glitter was the perfect idea. Great job on this one!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wowser, Kelly - this is gorgeous ! Very elegant and lovely wedding card.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous and then more gorgeous.....!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Absolutely beautiful! Love the background papers too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is gorgeous, Kelly! I love the shimmer you added, and the papers are beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Anonymous9/25/2012

    WOWZER!! This is absolutely STUNNING my dear!! The shimmer and glitter makes this so stunning!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Every bride should start her married life like a princess!! What a fabulous design, Kelly!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. WOW!!! So beautiful and elegant! Love it.
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  11. A fun die -- you created a fairy tale card with it!! Great idea to make it all sparkly!

    ReplyDelete
  12. oh wow! This is gorgeous! I love all the shimmer and glimmer. Gorgeous card, my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  13. wow...this is an amazing die!
    just perfect for wedding cards ....and princesses too!♥

    ReplyDelete
  14. Be still my heart...this is absolutely JAW DROPPING gorgeous....love, love, love it...great job on this creation Kelly....WOW...♥♥♥

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautiful card!! That is an amazing die.

    ReplyDelete