5.31.2014

It's feeling like Summer! ♥

 
 
It's almost Summer!
My son finished school yesterday and the girls have one more week -
I can't wait! ♥
 
Even though we head to the beach quite a bit,
It's just "feels" different when school is out!
That's one of the first places we'll be!
 
It's mid-way inspiration time at the Newton's Nook Designs
challenge #10 for this week.
The challenge is to use metal and/or cork and/or wood!
 
I was inspired by our outings over the Memorial Day weekend
and created a beachy card using the "SEAson's Greetings" stamp set
and "Around the House" - both available in the shop!
 
 
 
For my card, I used a wooden arrow and faux cork paper as the sandy
backdrop - stamped and cut out the little crab and stamped the fishes
directly onto the paper, too. 
 

 
We'd love it if you play along, too!
Even if you don't have any NND stamps, there are freebies available!
 
Thanks for stopping by today!
Big hugs, Bigger Blessings!
~Kelly
 
 Card linked to: Send a Smile 4 kids: AG
Fun with shapes - Animals
Fussy and Fancy - Outdoors
 
 

18 comments:

  1. What a fun card Kelly, and beautifully executed. Love that crab - about the only sort that I do - paper ones.
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kelly, this card is adorable! Love the little crab and that cork paper is awesome!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is fabulous!! I love the faux cork paper!! The crab is adorable!! What an awesome and adorable card!! Have a great day :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have some of that cork type paper and can never think of what to do with it! Thanks for the inspiration and I love this cute, cute card! Precious!
    Have fun at the beach!
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  5. The crabby crab and that faux cork paper are the best! What a fun card, girl. I feel the same way about school. My kids' last day is June 12.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awesome design Kelly.

    Hugs Diane

    ReplyDelete
  7. The little crab and the beach scene is adorable, Kelly. Love the colors.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Absolutely adorable! Love the little scene you created and the happy paper!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This card is just adorable! you did an amazing job with the fun crab image. Love the DP banners and the cork you added. And, loving the inside as well : )

    ReplyDelete
  10. Cute card, Kelly! Love the adorable crab image, the sentiment and that terrific cork paper background...So fun!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Anonymous6/04/2014

    How great is this...
    The card looks so cute and so clear and straight... doesn`t thought that this works... great.
    Thanks for joining us at fwsam.

    Hugs Ivi

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh my word!!! THIS IS SO CUTE!! I mean I always think your cards are stellar, but this has got to be one of my all time faves. SOOOOO COOL!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Such a cute card and I love the cork paper and all the banners. Great guy card! Thank you for joining in the Fussy and Fancy Challenge this fortnight.

    Hugs, Vannessa
    F & F DT

    ReplyDelete
  14. Aww... The crab is so cute and I love that cork paper!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Aww... The crab is so cute and I love that cork paper!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. You made such a great ocean scene! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  17. You made such a great ocean scene! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  18. You made such a great ocean scene! Love it!

    ReplyDelete