5.15.2016

DDD: May Flowers ♥

Hi friends!

The 15th of the month is always an exciting day,
as that means the DDD (Dueling Darlings) post our cards made from a kit
 we've received from the hostess!
It's like Christmas in our mailbox every month :)

This month, Tami and Terry were the hostesses for our friendly duel,
which basically means they sent two kits to the two teams (Divas -vs- Dazzlers)
but they have one united card kit theme:  May Flowers!

 Tami sent the card kits to us Divas, Terry sent them to the Dazzlers,
hence, 'the duel'.  
 And how bloomin' adorable our kit is!
I hadn't heard of the stamped image we got to color up
"Oh no she didn't" from Red Rubber Designs, so that as fun!
And the paper ...... swoon!

Here's what I made with Tami's delicious kit:



 Tami and Terry  also asked us to share what flower we plant yearly.
Me - weeds!
Seriously ...
I. don't. do. plants.

I wish I had inherited my dad's green thumb.
He was amazing with plants and gardens and, growing up farming,
learned to give wonderful life to the greener friends we had :)
I did plant a flowering hibiscus tree in his memorial garden
and it's still growing strong, 10 years later ♥
It blooms a few times a year,
and some off years it's actually bursting with flowers.
While I don't actually plant one every year, I cherish it's blossoms.
I love that tree :)



Thank you, Tami, for your bloomin' wonderful kit!
It was as unique and special and just as colorful as you are, my friend!
Please be sure to stop by and see what the rest of the DDD
has made with two different kits, one theme ~
you can find them all right over there in my sidebar →

I appreciate your visit today!
Big hugs, Bigger Blessings!
~Kelly

 I'll add this to the Quirky Crafts Challenge!

27 comments:

  1. Kelly - What a stunning card. I love your coloring and all the bright colors. Great job.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Kelly, your card is ADORABLE! And if I didn't know it was from a kit, with those papers and button, I would assume it comes from your oh-so-colorful & beautiful stash. It screams Kelly!

    And that gorgeous photo of Dad's hibiscus tree... WOW!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the layout and the different designer papers you used. Your coloring of the image perfectly matches your DP - beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Adorable card, so pretty colours and design!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love all those fun pieces of patterned paper on this precious card! Really pretty and cute.
    Great picture of that gorgeous hibiscus too!
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  6. What an adorable card!! The image is so sweet!! I love the papers you used and the design!! Your hibiscus is absolutely gorgeous!! My favorite flower!! Have a great day!! Big hugs :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Kels! Your DDD May card is so cute! Your design really rocks with those yummy designer papers both inside and out. Great coloring on that delightful image...Love how you framed and embellished it with the scallop border, ribbon and button. I can relate...Don't plant flowers...Whoops! forgot to mention that on my blog. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Kelly, this is such a cute card and perfect for the Quirky Challenge. Thanks for entering, and now you just need to do one more thing so that I can approve your card and it will appear on the Quirky blog, and that is to add a link to the Quirky blog. Once you have done this I will approve it and we all can see it.
    Hugs,
    Cazzy x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh Kelly I love the layout of this card. The dsp's you used are awesome. I love the scalloped treatment off the side of your image. I also love the ribbon/button treatment on the image as well. You card is beautiful both inside and out (just like you). Your hibiscus is beautiful as well. Your dad did pass on the gene....at least for the memorial garden. What a beautiful gift. So glad we are duelers and friends.....

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such an adorable image and I love the papers you used and your coloring as usual is amazing. Hugs, Maggie

    ReplyDelete
  11. Cute cute cute! Great use of the papers, as always. Love how you did the button and ribbon too. Another fabulous card, Kelly!

    ReplyDelete
  12. P.S. LOVE that you have a memorial garden for your Dad. That is so touching and the hibiscus is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Awww Kelly this is a sweet image and like Barb you have coloured her beautifully. Love your photo of the hibiscus.
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  14. Super cute image and wonderfully colored. Loving all the lovely papers too and the overall layout of the card.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Such a sweet scene, Kelly! Love those bright tropical colors that ooze happiness and love - That darling little scalloped tag on the right is the perfect addition to this pretty creation - I hadn't thought of doing that before, and now that your idea is in my head, I shall be casing it! It's been fun browsing your blog, my fellow Floridian, and I am now your newest Google follower! Thanks for your introduction and recent visit to my little blog! hugs, de

    ReplyDelete
  16. Kelly--Your card is stunning. The colors are just perfect and the layout is wonderful. I love how you added the ribbon at the bottom of the image, with a button of course!!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I've approved your card Kelly, even though I need a magnifying glass to see the link to Quirky lol.

    ReplyDelete
  18. You are welcome for the kit. You created such a cute card. I told Barb too, I love her in a yellow shirt! Your use of the larger print DP is perfect. Very adorable card.

    I wish I had a hibiscus tree! Closest we get is tea! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love these fabulous spring colors and patterns with this adorable image! Precious card, Kelly!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Lovely creation, the colours are just beautiful and it's so nice to call in and see what you have made.xx  {aNNie}

    ReplyDelete
  21. Such a happy and fun creation here Kelly! Love the bright colors and your pretty patterns of paper you've pieced together! :) HUGS

    ReplyDelete
  22. Well, hellooooo! Your card is the epitome of May flowers! The summery image is adorable and those papers are fabulous!! Finally had some time to pop in and visit again, and now I'm so very happy I did!! The bloom from your Dad's tree is beautiful too!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Very cute card for almost-summer (it doesn't feel even close to summer in Illinois yet!) I love the bold patterns!
    The hibiscus is gorgeous...we have two small plants we have to bring indoors in winter. Still waiting to take them outside!

    ReplyDelete
  24. This is so pretty Kelly especially with the lovely bursts of colour that I associate with your superb creations, both image and papers are ACE
    hugs
    Lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
  25. She's such a cutie! And you have showcased her beautifully!

    ReplyDelete
  26. I love your terrific May flowers card, Kelly! Love the hibiscus pic too!

    ReplyDelete