11.27.2017

Mondays with TPB ~ Rustic Christmas ♥


Hi friends!

I hope your long weekend was filled with bliss
and wonderment!
We had a tremendous feast with family and friends,
then headed out for Black Friday shopping which was amazingly very light.
Stores weren't full at all, 
parking lots had empty spots
and we got every single thing on our lists!
And shhhhh ....
I even did a little shopping for me,
scooping up a lot of the online crafty deals.
My mailbox will be filled with deliveries this week ♥ 

Speaking of hustling and bustling,
I thought I'd show you something a little different with
The Project Bin stamps this week.

I call this my 5 minute Christmas card dash!


Christmas cards can be tedious to make,
especially if you have to make 50-75 cards.
One way to do that is to minimize your design,
and tailor it to the group of people that you'll be sending it to.

Now, I love - love - LOOOOOOVE the rustic look to Christmas!
The pine cones and garland,
red gingham bows, the fresh cut tree,
burlap and that very log-cabin-y look :)
For my brother and his family,
I wanted to incorporate exactly that.
I was going for that homespun feel to these cards. 

So here's what I did:


 Starting with Kraft cardstock, and in an assembly line fashion,
I stamped out the sentiments from Maybe Christmas using Altenew Crisp Black 
and the Tim Holtz Stamping Platform.
I used 3 of the sentiments in this wonderful set. 
I ran my snowflake die from a Recollections stamp/die set
through the cuttlebug in coordinating colors to the cards,
glued a button to each and set that aside to dry.
Meanwhile, I added strips of designer paper
 from Recollections North Pole Gazette pad,
tucking on colored cardstock for a little bit of edging.

I finished up the inside of the cards using a sentiment from Joyful Song
 Once they were completely dry,
I packed them up with envelopes and some baker's twine ...
ready to go!



Holiday cards don't have to be a big fuss :)
Start with beautiful stamps like those at The Project Bin,
then dash and create!

Thanks for your visit today :)
Big hugs, bigger blessings ♥
~Kelly

10 comments:

  1. I love your five minute cards Kelly, they look fantastic.

    Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such lovely designs!! Fabulous rustic but modern look! You has bee so clever!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Kelly... these are so pretty! Love the Kraft color... adds a lot of charm to these.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Kelly I love rustic any time of the year and these look fantastic I love the sentiments and designs of each one you have done so well
    hugs
    lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my gosh, I love these!! The rustic designs are gorgeous!! The sentiments are fabulous!! I absolutely love them, my friend!! So beautiful!! Have a great day!! Big hugs :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  6. Absolutely, fantastic cards Kelly. Love the sentiments and the papers are gorgeous. Brilliant designs. Have a lovely week. Big hugs and blessings, Carol S.xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. These turned out great. I love the simplicity - but they do not look simple at all. That snowflake is a great shape!

    ReplyDelete
  8. They look great Kelly. I like the rustic look using the kraft card and think I may do something similar for next year. Thanks for sharing. Barbxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Theses cards are fabulous Kelly..I tried to do a line of cards and my mind wandered off to detail and they took forever with all the stuff I started to add..these are perfect and I love kraft card...

    Luv CHRISSYxx

    ReplyDelete